CBD for Hangover
The most dreaded effect of a great night out is the hangover that awaits you the next morning. A hangover is a group of unpleasant symptoms and signs that often develop after drinking too much alcohol.
A hangover can make your body feel weak and can also cause poor performance. Ideally, the more the alcohol you take, the more likely you will have a hangover. There are many ways to get over a hangover and restore your efficiency, and recently, CBD has been added to that list.
What are the Symptoms of a Hangover?
Most hangover symptoms develop over a few hours, and they can also go away on their own after some time, but others can take up to 24 hours to subside. Hangover symptoms differ from person to person and occur when your blood alcohol content takes a dip.
Some of the signs and symptoms associated with a hangover include:
- Fatigue and weakness
- A dry mouth and excessive thirst
- Muscle and headaches
- Vomiting, stomach pain, and nausea
- Reduced and poor sleep
- Rapid heartbeat
- Decreased ability to concentrate
- Increased sensitivity to sound and light
- Mood disturbance such as depression and irritability
Can CBD Relieve a Hangover?
CBD affects everyone differently. However, it has a variety of proven properties that can go a long way in alleviating some, if not all, of the symptoms associated with a hangover.
These include its ability to reduce anxiety, improve sleep, ease pain, and prevent nausea.
How Does CBD Interact with the Body to Relieve Hangover?
CBD interacts with the neurologic pathways that control various reactions like appetite, sleep, pain, and nausea, all of which are associate with a hangover through the ECS system.
The transdermal application of CBD can treat neurodegeneration by 50%. One of the causes of extreme neurodegeneration is the consumption of large amounts of alcohol, which results in a brain fog the next morning.
CBD is also crucial in countering the effects of vomiting and nausea by regulating acid production and reducing stomach lining inflammation.
Other studies have also shown that CBD can counter the effects of anxiety and depression after a night of heavy drinking. This is often caused by increased cortisol levels in your brain, and the anxiolytic effects of CBD, which mimic anti-depressants can regulate the anxious feeling and fear.
Which are the Best CBD Products for Hangover?
When dealing with a hangover, there are numerous CBD products you can try to alleviate the symptoms.
- CBD Patches – As noted earlier, transdermal CBD patches were found to be effective in the recovery of neurodegeneration and combating brain fog.
- CBD capsules and tablets – You can also take CBD capsules and tablets to improve sleep, counter nausea, and reduce inflammation of the stomach lining.
- CBD drinks – Dehydration plays a key role in the symptoms of a hangover. With CBD drinks, you can rehydrate while introducing CBD to relieve the pain. With CBD energy drinks, you can also boost your energy levels and increase alertness.
One of the surest ways to get rid of a hangover is through a moderate intake of alcohol or avoiding it completely. However, if you can't do away with it entirely or the occasion calls for it, CBD can go a long way in making the following morning more bearable.