CBD Oil and Tumours
The mention of tumours sends chills down the spines of many people. While some tumours are minor and pose no danger, others are cancerous and require rigorous, painful and uncomfortable treatment.
There are tons of medications that attempt to help patients deal with the pain and improve their general well-being. Patients find that most of these medications are not effective. Some patients have tried alternative methods of treatment to manage the pain. One of the more promising alternatives has been CBD.
What are Tumours?
Tumours are loosely described as clumps of cells growing abnormally from healthy tissues. As aforementioned, some tumours are benign, while others are cancerous or malignant.
The formation of tumours is complicated. However, they are formed when the cells in the body divide and grow at an excessive rate.
Types of Tumours
- Neoplasm – A neoplasm is the abnormal growth of new cells. In a neoplasm, the cells grow more rapidly and require treatment to stop the growth. Neoplasms can be benign or cancerous.
- Benign tumour – These are a non-malignant or non-cancerous tumour. Benign tumours are often localized and metastasize (spread to other parts of the body). However, the tumour can continue to grow if untreated.
- Malignant tumour – Malignant tumours are cancerous. In most cases, they are resistant to treatment and spread to other parts of the body. They can be removed through surgery but tend to come back after removal.
- Cancerous tumours – This is more or less the same as malignant tumours or malignant neoplasms.
Symptoms of a Tumour
The symptoms of a tumour differ depending on the type and the location of the tumour. However, there are some general symptoms that might indicate if you’re suffering from a tumour. These include:
- confusion on everyday matters
- Difficulty in speech
- Change in the pattern of headaches or new headaches
- Headaches that worsen
- Difficulty balancing
- Personal or behaviour changes
- Hearing problems
- The gradual loss of sensation or movement
- Unexplained nausea or vomiting
- Vision problems in some patients leading to loss of peripheral vision or double vision.
How are Tumours Treated?
Once diagnosed with a tumour, the best method of treatments is surgery to remove the tumour. For tumours located in sensitive areas, radiation and chemotherapy are used to kill and shrink the tumour.
What is CBD?
CBD is a popular compound often used by tumour patients to combat different symptoms and effects of the tumour.
Also known as Cannabidiol, CBD is found in marijuana and hemp. This naturally occurring compound is known for its numerous attributes and the fact that it doesn’t have psychedelic effects.
How Can CBD Help with Tumours?
As noted in the symptoms, there are numerous issues associated with tumours depending on the location of the tumour.
Tumour patients have been using CBD to alleviate a number of these symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms that CBD can help with include:
Debilitating pain is one of the symptoms of tumours. Whether it's from the tumour or the treatment, managing the pain associated with tumours is critical.
Even though the properties and benefits are still being researched, it has been found to offer relief to patients suffering from chronic pain and also relief from common pain.
Reduce Nausea and Vomiting
For tumour patients that have decided to get chemotherapy, some of the side effects of the treatment include nausea and vomiting.
Patients have used CBD to help alleviate the symptoms with plenty of success. To back up the results, a study was carried out on 16 patients undergoing chemotherapy, and test-tube animal studies have also been carried out all with positive results.
If you’re worried about suffering from tumours, studies have shown that CBD can help to prevent a variety of tumours which include breast, prostate, colon and lung cancers. There are test-tube and animal studies that have demonstrated CBD’s anti-tumour properties.
How Does CBD Work in the Body?
To pass its effects on the body, CBD relies on a network that exists in all mammals. Naturally, the body produces cannabinoids and to process them, the body has an Endocannabinoid System.
This system comprises of cell receptors located in different parts of the body like the lungs, central nervous system and the brain as well as enzymes that help to break down the cannabinoids.
Once you take CBD, it finds its way to the different receptor cells where it is processed and broken into simpler compounds and absorbed into the bloodstream where it is sent to problem sites.
What CBD products should you take?
Choosing the right CBD products ensures the highest bioavailability and hence the highest effects in the shortest amount of time. Luckily, there’s no shortage of CBD products that you can try.
- CBD oil – CBD tinctures might not taste the best, but they contain the most natural form of CBD. You can take these in the form of CBD oil that you take orally or sublingually. You can also add the CBD oil to your foods and drinks. Somnio balance is one of the leading CBD brands that would be a good choice.
- CBD Capsules – If you’re bothered by the earthy and bitter taste of CBD tinctures, CBD capsules are an excellent alternative. The capsules are made from a soluble substance that releases the CBD once it reaches the stomach.
- CBD Vape oil – Vaping CBD has the highest bioavailability. It also happens to be one of the quickest ways of delivering CBD into the body and the effects are felt within a short amount of time.
Does CBD have any side effects?
Generally, CBD is widely tolerated by most people. It's a natural product and one that is mostly considered safe.
There have been some mild side effect cases reported which include;
- Changes in weight and appetite
It is also suspected that CBD could interact with a variety of other medications. As such, it's vital to ensure you have a chat with your doctor before you start taking CBD, especially when you're taking other medications.
Is CBD Legal?
CBD is legal in the UK. However, it is highly regulated to ensure CBD users only consume the best quality CBD from approved strains of hemp that meets the required quality standards.
Whether you’re taking CBD as a supplement or to help you battle the symptoms of tumour or chemotherapy, it’s vital that you take time to buy the best CBD products that meet legal regulations. This will ensure quality results and safety when taking the products.