CBD Oil for Menopause
Menopause is a stage that every woman would love to skip but has to go through. For women that have not yet reached this stage, it’s often described as a time when menstrual bleeding stops. But for women in the 40's and '50s, there is a sea of activities that take part in their bodies during this tough time, which can significantly affect your sleep patterns and daily routine.
Effects of Menopause
Over and above the cessation of the menstrual cycle, there are other symptoms that are associated with menopause. The onset of the symptoms is slow and can take up to 13 years before the actual menopause sets in.
Some of these symptoms include:
- Irregular periods
- Night sweats and hot flushes
- Mood swings, depression, and irritability
- Reduced sex drive
- Aches and joint pains
- Weight gain and increased risk of diabetes
- Vaginal dryness
- Reduced bladder control
For women battling with menopause, it is more than a stage of life. It’s an uncomfortable experience that turns their life upside down.
Luckily, CBD is proving vital in helping women combat the symptoms of menopause and make this new life easier.
What is CBD?
CBD is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. It has numerous health and wellness benefits, and even though it is often confused with THC, it doesn't have the psychedelic effects that THC is often known for.
Because of its numerous benefits, there is a vast collection of CBD products in the market, and a good number of them can help women going through menopause to restore some normalcy in their day to day life.
How CBD Oil Can Help with Menopause
Sadly, CBD oil will not help you avoid menopause. But it can help you alleviate some of the most concerning and irritating symptoms associated with this stage of life. We do however stock CBD suppositories which will help.
Here are some of the common menopause symptoms and how CBD can help you alleviate them:
- Aches and joint pain – As you grow older, your body tends to hurt more than it did. It’s not only the age factor but because of the increased production of inflammatory molecules because of the lack of estrogen in the body. With the anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic power of CBD, you can lower the levels of inflammatory and consequently, pain.
- Mood swings and depression – During menopause, it’s common for women to suffer from mood swings and depression because of the absence of reproductive hormones like estrogen and progesterone that influence the moods by interacting with neurotransmitters in the brain. CBD helps to activate serotonin receptors and acts as an anti-anxiety drug ensuring a stable mood pattern.
- Hot flushes and night sweats – On the surface, hot flushes and night sweats seem like easy symptoms to deal with. But, they can disrupt your sleeping patterns and daily routines and impact your quality of life. Typical solutions include therapy, hypnosis and relaxation techniques. Because CBD does an excellent job in helping people relax and improves the quality of sleep, it can greatly help in restoring your sleep cycle by interacting with neurochemicals to help reduce the hot flushes and keep you relaxed.
- Weight gain and diabetes – Hormones play a significant role in the body, including metabolism. With the reduced production of hormones during menopause, you are at a higher risk of weight gain and consequently, diabetes. Studies have shown introducing CBD can help in improving metabolism and improve the activity of vital endocannabinoids that help with insulin resistance.
Depending on the symptoms in question, there are different CBD products available. CBD muscle and joint creams are perfect for targeting joint aches, while CBD tinctures and capsules are ideal in dealing with other symptoms like hot flushes, night sweats, depression and anxiety.