The CBD industry is always evolving with the release of new CBD products every once in a while. Although the market is still young, there’s no shortage of CBD users and the number keeps growing. To cater to the needs of everyone who uses CBD, manufacturers are always innovating and finding new ways to help CBD users find new and exciting ways to keep up with their CBD requirements.
CBD comes in different forms, and CBD shatter is one of those forms that is quickly gaining fame. At Flawless CBD, you can find various CBD shatter brands that come in different strengths.
What is CBD Shatter?
If you have not heard of CBD shatter before, it is a type of cannabis concentrate. It's best known for its potency and high CBD concentration. CBD shatter is perfect for users who need high CBD doses but are keen on keeping the CBD amounts they take low.
How is CBD Shatter Made?
There are various steps followed in the making of CBD shatter. The most important of them is the extraction process. Although there are different extraction methods, the goal is to blast the plant material with a solvent.
- Butane Hash Oil Extraction – Also known as BHO, this extraction process uses butane to extract all the essential oils, cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids from the cannabis plant. After the extraction process, butane then evaporates, leaving behind a concentrated substance.
- CO2 Extraction – This method is the most preferred when making CBD shatter because it is safe and effective. Using CO2 extraction, pressurised carbon dioxide is used to extract the terpenes, cannabinoids and flavonoids from the cannabis plant. The method also uses high pressure and heat to make the CO2 supercritical. In the supercritical state, the CO2 exists as both a liquid and a gas. After the extraction process is complete, the CO2 quickly evaporates, leaving behind concentrated CBD shatter.
In the making of CBD shatter, all the extraction processes are conducted in a closed-loop extraction system, ensuring the purity of the final product.
Types of CBD Shatter
The beauty of CBD is its diversity. There is a rich selection of products to choose from, even with CBD waxes. Understanding the different types of CBD waxes available is vital in getting the best experience and results and in determining if CBD shatter is beneficial for you.
- CBD Shatter – One of the common names you will find on CBD shatter labels is CBD shatter. This is a slightly different product from CBD shatter, especially in appearance. It looks like broken glass. Shatter is produced by using chemicals or heat to extract the oil and then leaving it to cool, after which it takes the appearance of amber-hued glass. When heated, CBD shatter turns into a liquid that looks like honey.
- CBD Budder – CBD budder is a fluffy shatter that has a similar consistency as butter. It’s made by air pressure and purging hemp at high temperatures.
- CBD Crumble – CBD crumble and CBD budder uses the same extraction process. The only difference is that CBD crumble uses a pre-purged CBD oil with higher moisture content and is more viscous. As a result, the product appears crumblier with a cheesy consistency.
- CBD live resin – The production of CBD live resin is different from that of other types of CBD waxes. The hemp is first freeze-dried while fresh before the extraction process. This increases the preservation of terpenes and cannabinoids. The result is a premium type of CBD shatter that is often the costliest of CBD waxes.
How to Use CBD Shatter
There are several ways you can use to consume CBD shatter. What you choose depends on your preferred method of taking the product.
- Dabbing – This is a commonly used method of consuming CBD shatter. At first, the process might seem complicated if it’s your first time, but it is easy once you get the hang of it. When dapping, you rapidly vaporise the CBD shatter by placing it on an extremely hot surface and then inhaling the vapour. Should you choose to dab CBD, you will need to buy a dab rig. There are plenty of options to choose from that come in varying designs, shapes and sizes.
- Bong – You can also consume CBD shatter using a bong. The method of taking a CBD shatter hit from a bong is the same as when taking a hit using dry herbs.
- Vaporising – In the recent past, vaping has blown up to become its own culture. If you're a fan of vaping, you will be happy to know that you can vape your CBD shatter as well. The best part about vaping is that you can take the vape pen with you, and there are plenty of options in the market to tailor your experience however you want. When choosing a vaporizer, opt for a good quality one with a ceramic or a quartz crystal heating chamber and titanium coils for the best CBD shatter vaping experience.
Who Should Use CBD Shatter?
CBD shatter can be used by just about anyone. However, it's best suited for people that need to feel the effects of CBD instantly. It's vital to practice caution when using CBD shatter, especially because heating the substance is involved. It is not recommended to give CBD shatter to children or expectant mothers.
Before taking any CBD products, including CBD shatter, it's highly recommended that you seek the opinion of a medical professional, especially if you have underlying conditions.
What are the Benefits of CBD Shatter?
Every type of CBD product comes with unique benefits to the user, which is why some users prefer some CBD products over others. The same applies to CBD shatter.
The greatest benefit of CBD shatter is its high potency. Quality CBD waxes contain little to no residual solvents. After the extraction process, what remains is an extremely high concentration of CBD.
Because most methods of taking CBD shatter revolve around vaporisation, the effects of CBD are delivered straight into your bloodstream quickly and effectively.
CBD shatter is highly concentrated. You only need a small amount to get the job done. Your CBD shatter stash can last you a long time because you only need small amounts to meet your daily CBD needs.