How Do Disposable Vapes Work?
Disposable vapes have become incredibly popular. They are quickly taking over the vaping scene for obvious reasons. They make an excellent replacement for cigarettes and are the ultimate entry device for novice vapers and seasoned vapers looking for a portable and easy-to-use device on the road. The simple and straightforward design makes disposable vapes a preferred device for most vapers.
Considering how compact the device is, you can’t help but wonder how the device functions and manages to squeeze all the necessary parts into a compact case.
What is a Disposable Vape?
If it's your first time hearing about disposable vape pens, it’s best to start with a description to help you put everything into perspective. Disposable vapes are compact vape devices containing a battery, a chamber, CBD vape oil, or any other type of vape juice.
The pen comes with everything you need to use it right out of the package. The pen comes pre-charged and prefilled with your preferred CBD vape juice. Once the cape oil has run out, you simply toss the pen and buy another, hence the name disposable vape pen.
Most disposable vape pens have no buttons, which takes most of the guesswork out of operating the pen. They have a draw-activated mechanism. You only need to draw to activate the device and start vaping.
Benefits of a Disposable Vape
Disposable vapes present many benefits to the vaper. That’s one of the reasons they’ve grown in popularity in a short time. Some of the benefits that have made them a must-have for every vaper include;
- Convenient and portable – Disposable vapes are compact and lightweight. You can bring them anywhere you go with ease. They don’t take up much space, and they're not heavy. You can carry multiple pens to last the length of your trip.
- Easy-to-use - This is easily the greatest selling point for disposable vape pens, especially for new vapers. Advanced vaporisers can be intimidating to use. They often come with multiple buttons, and you need to understand terms like variable wattage and voltage, which may discourage new vapers from using the devices. With disposable vape pens, there’s no worrying about adjusting settings or finding the right temperature for your device. Everything is already done for you. The device is ready to use out of the packaging.
- Low maintenance – No cleaning, replacing coils or regular maintenance is required for disposable vapes. That means you can spend more time enjoying your vape instead of learning how to clean it and keep it functioning correctly. Most importantly, no refilling is involved, which can be a messy affair.
- Affordable – Disposable vape pens are surprisingly affordable. As more brands continue to enter the market, the prices will likely drop even further. If you're looking for a more affordable and better alternative to cigarettes, disposable vape pens fit the bill.
- Multiple flavours – You can choose from an extensive range of flavours. The variety of options allows you to customise your vaping experience to your preference. Besides customising the flavour, you can also control your nicotine intake.
Types of Disposable Vapes
Disposable vapes can be divided into two categories. There are disposable vape pens, which are the most common, and there are disposable prefilled cartridges.
The two products are very similar but also have distinct differences. A disposable vape pen is a complete vaping system. It includes a vape tank, battery, mouthpiece and housing. You can literally unbox a disposable vape pen and begin vaping it.
A disposable cartridge is not a complete vaping system. It's a prefilled e-liquid tank with 510 threading so that you can pair it with any vaping device. The purpose of disposable vape carts is to eliminate the refilling process and make it easier to enjoy your vape. However, you can use the disposable vape cart with any vaporiser as long as it is compatible with the threading on the tank.
Parts of a Disposable Vape?
Disposable vapes have three primary components;
The battery – The battery supplies power to the coils and also powers other device features like the LED light.
Internal tank – The tank has several parts in one. The tank holds the vape juice, the wicks for saturating the vape juice and the coil for vaporising. Everything inside the tank works seamlessly to deliver an impressive vaping experience.
The mouthpiece – This is the topmost part of the disposable vape. It’s where you place your lips to draw. The mouthpiece delivers the vapour from the coil into your mouth.
Depending on the type and brand of your disposable vape, you might find other features like the draw sensor and others might have a firing button.
How do Disposable Vapes Work?
The functioning of disposable vapes is very basic. When you draw from the device, the battery supplies current to the coil like a thin wire. The coil gets hot and vaporises the vape juice from the wick creating a vapour that travels up the device through the mouthpiece and into your mouth.
Brands have mastered calculating the tank and battery capacities to ensure they run out at around the same time so you can enjoy every drop of CBD vape juice before the charge runs out.
How to Use a Disposable Vape
There’s no science to using disposable vapes. It’s what makes them so great. The device comes ready to use. All that’s left is to remove the device from its packaging and draw from the mouthpiece. If the device is draw-activated, it should start working immediately. If it has a firing button, you should draw while holding down the button.
About the author: